Friday, January 20, 2017

Praying for 2017

Dear family and friends,
                Many of you have seen the change to my blog page. Last year I changed the title of the blog to “Papa Jorge.” I have not become a father but I felt like the change was necessary. The title comes from a word that a man shared with me about 3 years ago.
o. He had just met me and when I began to share with him about the work in Guatemala, he said that he felt like God was showing him my heart and that I was Papa Jorge. This resonated with me because of my love for kids and desire to see them safe, happy and knowing Jesus, but it has taken on new meaning for me in the last few months.
                I have felt like God is calling me to invest more in the missionaries that I know. Life in a foreign country can be difficult, especially when you have problems arise. There is often a feeling of isolation. In November I was starting to feel the need to begin reaching out to missionaries and looking for opportunities to encourage them. This would not be instead of working with the Galilea but would a second ministry. I know that most have pastoral care that visits from time to time but life does not always wait for your care pastor to be able to make travel arrangements. I am seeing the need to develop connections within our community to be able to reach out and encourage one another regularly and supplement the care being offered by the Pastoral Care ministers.
                As I think about it, this is not a second ministry but really an extension of what I am in Guatemala to do. We have a loving Father and He wants to reveal His heart of love to people. His heart is to encourage and build up. His heart is to help His children walk out their destinies. His heart is that His children would know His love and turn to Him always in every situation. He calls us to repent and live. He has called His children to overcome. Most of my time to date has been trying to do this with the children but now I sense it is also time to be Papa Jorge to a larger group. We all need to be reminded of our loving Father waiting to reveal Himself right now, right where we are. We all need a little help seeing Him sometimes. As I return, I am praying for open doors and God’s timing to begin to encouraging missionaries and building them up. I am praying for greater insight and revelation of the Father’s heart for me. I am aware that it is only as I receive that I can give. My desire this year is that people would see Abba present in their life and active in their circumstances and that I would be able to encourage them in that.
 I would like to ask you to pray regularly for a few things for this coming year:
1    1.      More revelation of the Father’s love and discernment to minister                 this to others.
     2.       Intimacy with Jesus and wisdom from the Holy Spirit.
     3.       Eyes to see the opportunities to love people. 
     4.       Freedom in the Spirit to obey His leading without hesitation or                    fear. 
     5.       A father’s heart to become more evident in me.
     6.       Finances for the coming year, I need about $13,500. You can read               my budget in my last blog.
     7.       A reliable car so I am not limited by lack of transportation.
     8.       Wise use of time – Making time for rest and for fellowship with                 God and people during a busy team schedule.
     9.       Health and rest for all our Galilea staff and sufficient time with                    their families. 
     10.     Good rapport with each of the teams and fruitful work.
     11.     Ultimately, my prayer is that people would come to know Jesus                   through the work and outreach we are doing. I would love to see                 team members that do not know Jesus become followers on their                 outreach this year. We also would love to see many come to Jesus in           San Lucas, Membrillal and Zapote.
      Please keep praying this throughout the year.
Finally, I am looking for a person that would help me from the States. I need to send out mailings and write letters to inform people of the work we are doing and the needs that go with along with the work. I would also like to develop of people interested in the work from the U.S. and from our teams that come to work and send out prayer/support letters to them 6 times a year. If you can help with this, please let me know.
Thank you for all your prayers and support. You are a blessing to me

George Kresse

George Kresse
1240 E Southmor Rd
Morris, IL 60450
US Phone: 779-227-3812
Guatemala Phone: 502-5354-5720
E-mail: thegeokr@yahoo.com

If you would like to contribute to support the work in the continuation of this ministry, you can send checks to:
Life Church Morris
P.O. Box  679
Morris, IL 60450
Memo: Mission San Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment