Monday, September 7, 2015

Off again

It seems like it is hard to get settled in these days. Whether I am in Illinois or Guatemala, I know that is a short time I will be leaving. I have been in Illinois for six weeks now and will be leaving again in less than two. I have had a great time here and I love catching up with my family and friends. I have been able to spend time with two of my three sisters, my parents, Church family and many friends. It has been a blessing and is going to be hard to leave. I am blessed to have such an amazing support system here and they encourage me more than I can express. I love all of you.

I am doubly blessed though. While I am leaving this incredible group of people here, I will be heading to another home. I am no longer visiting when I go to Guatemala. God has blessed me with a second family there. I have been taken into the family of Iglesia Galilea and I know that I am loved there as well. When I return, I am still surrounded by the love and support of brothers and sisters. I am reminded that Jesus promsed never to leave us or forsake us. Not only has He sent His Holy Spirit, but He surrounds us with physical manifestations of His love in the people that He brings into our life. I am grateful to have a second family that I know loves me.

When I return we will work with three additional teams this year. First, my home Church is coming and it is going to be a blessing. There is a group coming to work on construction projects and a medical clinic in Membrillal. Then in October we will help another organizations team as they conduct a medical clinic at our shared school in Zapote. Because many do not have access to good health care, these clinics are needed and are often the only time many of these people will see a doctor. Then we will close out November and our teams for the year with a construction team from South Mountain Church out of Utah. We will have about 4 weeks work in the 8 that I will be there.

I am looking forward to closing out the year strong and then relaxing in Illinois with family and friends through the holidays. I believe that it will be a great end to the look forward to sharing many of you.

I still need to raise about $700  for the rest of this year. I have received several hundred dollars  since my last post but I finding airline tickets unusually expensive for my return dates. While I was able to do everything that I needed to in the first half of the year, I fell about $3,000 short of my overall goal. This kept me from being able to do several of the things that I needed to like going to Spanish school and getting some form of transportation, both of which I will need to address next year. If you would consider praying about supporting me in this work, I would greatly appreciate it. You can contact me at 779-227-3812 or email me at thegeokr@yahoo.com If you would like to send support you can mail it to

Life Church Morris
c/o Guatemala Missions Fund, ongoing
P.O. Box 679
Morris, IL 60450

No comments:

Post a Comment